School is back!
Back-to-School Decluttering Tips
Summer is almost over, and that means it’s back-to-school season. The end of the summer is a great opportunity to declutter and get rid of those accumulated items just in time for the new school year. Here are a few tips to get ready for back to school.
- Shop Goodwill for extraordinary finds. We have new goods and gently used items to refresh any wardrobe, bedroom, or just to get organized!
- To declutter, start with the kitchen. Back to school means lots of lunches and snacks. Start with the pantry and Tupperware drawer/cabinet. This can make things easy for lunch-making. Make extra room by donating appliances that are no longer in use.
- Cluttered spaces can hinder creativity and focus. Spark new inspiration by clearing out spaces and things you don’t use anymore. Repurpose or reimagine furniture to create spaces for homework, after school activities, or a place to wind down. Goodwill Omaha has items to help you at our 15 locations in the Omaha Metro.
- Organize heavy traffic areas by adding hooks, extra storage and giving all items a place. Shop Goodwill to find containers, extra shelving and other multipurpose items to make a big difference.
- Clothes are one of the biggest hurdles when it comes to decluttering. Go back to school shopping in your closets first to see what can be reused. Make a list of needed items and check your local Goodwill before buying new.
- After cleaning, donate items to Goodwill where your donations turn into helping someone in our community receive training and Goodwill will help them find a job in our community. Your donations and shopping help thousands of people find work or receive referral resources right here in our community!
- Did You Know we recycle most unsellable items? Yep, in 2022 alone, we recycled 5.7 million POUNDS of textiles and clothing. Just another reason to give your items to Goodwill Omaha.